Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Things I Did Or Missed Doing For The last 3 Days


Duing my last days-off from work (Sunday, Monday & Tuesday), I busied myself looking for picture frames that would fit for the souvenir pictures of Grand Canyon that I got from my last visit there. I was looking for 3 frames, in which one is out of the standard frame sizes that's being sold commercially. This "special" frame is for the souvenir picture of the Grand Canyon that I gave to my friend as a "pasalubong". I did find frames for the other two standard-sized pictures where I mounted on the wall in our living room. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to find the suitable size for my friend. Although I found a frame that exactly matches the size, the style was a floating frame where two sheets of clear glass are pressed together to hold the picture being framed. Taking note that the pictures I had were already matted therefore it's kind of thicker than a regular picture print. This would not make the floating frame fit together. If you know what's a floating frame, you will understand what I meant. Check out the picture in this entry for an example of a floating or float frame.

I had also one thing that I wasn't able to do for the past 3 days. I had bought a pair of jeans last month and until now I kept forgetting to have it altered. Knowing that I'm quite short to a standard American height, length of jeans or trousers that I purchased is always my problem so I resort to have them altered in terms of length.

There are also other things that I was able to do though, like make prints of all the pictures that I took from the Grand Canyon visit and gave them to my mom and also Willie and I went out almost every night. We went to our favorite Vietnamese Restaurant and also we were back in Cafe Moda, I guess our now favorite karaoke bar to hang-out.

No comments: