Saturday, October 27, 2007

The Pain Of Missing Someone

Have you ever experienced the uneasiness and pain of missing a loved one, a close friend, or somebody special in your life? I have experienced this kind of emotion several times before but I can only pinpoint two instances like this that lingers on me.

The first time I remembered to have experienced this feeling was when I was still in college back in Cebu City, Philippines. In my dorm, I had this close friend whom I considered more than a brother to me. We were almost together in doing everything, except probably taking a shower. We even slept together most of the time, either in my room or his room. You probably is thinking something else happened between us two but that's a big NO! Nothing happened....NADA! We ate together, went to school together everyday, we done drunk together, watched movies together, even fucked some chicks together although we never shared girls...as far as I can remember. With all the things we did together, I could say he was my partner in crime. When he got married, he invited me over to his hometown and would not even walk the aisle with his parents to start the wedding ceremony when he noticed that I was not yet there inside the church. He wanted me to be there from the very beginning. Oh, I forgot to mention that when he courted his then girlfriend, now his wife, I was always his driver. He had this Yamaha bike and I was always the one who drives him to the girl's house, dropped him off and then picked him up later in the evening. Basically, I was a part of their love story heheheheh. After his wedding, I had to go back to Cebu because of my job. That was the last time we see each other. During the days that followed, I was always thinking of him and felt restless if I wasn't able to call him on the phone. Just hearing his voice would ease the loneliness that I felt inside. It was a weird feeling. I told him about it and he also felt the same towards me. We even joked about it like were we in love with each other, or what?
Fortunately, with the passing of time the feeling of loneliness eased out and I was able to go on with my life. Until now I still think about him sometimes and is looking forward for a chance to see him again. He is a good friend that I cannot forget for the rest of my life.

The second time I felt this sickening feeling of missing someone just happened now. I have a close friend that went to Hawaii where he came from, to attend to his sick mother. He still doesn't know the exact day that he'd be back here in Las Vegas. Knowing this made me sick inside and missed him more. The idea of him being away felt something is missing in me. Maybe because I'm used to the idea of him living and working here in Las Vegas that we can see each other anytime we want. Now that he's out of reach made me miss him a lot. Although we regularly talked over the phone something still is missing. My only consolation though is that he'll be back sooner or later, that is for sure. And when he's back, we'll drink "Red Horse" together to oblivion.

No comments: