Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Hoping For This Day To Be Okay!

In my previous entry, I was planning to take a friend out for a night cap last night but unfortunately a tragedy struck. There was a major problem at the pharmacy that I worked. The problem involved the hospital system that we used to migrate patient orders/medications to our sytem in order for the automated dispensing robot would start filling patient's medication for the following day. I ended up working in the pharmacy last night helping my co-worker do the manual cart-fill, that is manually picking all the meds and we're talking about 2000 doses. We were done around 4AM, so I went home and went to bed around 5AM already.
Today is Ara's birthday and as I woke up this morning, I was hoping that this day, last day-off of the week would be okay. My first sign that my hopes and prayers were answered was a call from the pharmacy informing me that the program glitch was fixed but when my co-worker ran the system, she still got the problem. She informed the hospital IT department and after about an hour's wait, I got information that the problem was really resolved. It was a relief for me because I can go to Ara's birhday party tonight. Unfortunately, my friend Willie is not coming because he's working today and be off from work around 11PM and its too late for him to go and attend the party...we're all spent and drunk by then.

No comments: