Friday, October 5, 2007

Same 'ol Day


I missed entries for the past two days as I already started my workdays.

In the past, I mentioned in my old blog that I practically hate hospital food. I work in a hospital and I'm exposed to this scenario where you eat almost the same food every day. My shift starts a 8pm and ends at 6:30am the following morning. Unfortunately the food served by the hospital's cafeteria is all the same and they no longer appeal to my taste buds.

Lately though, we are seeing huge improvements in terms of the quality of food. Considering that management has restructured the kitchen staff for the evening shift or commonly known as graveyard shift, and the addition of two new cook definitely is the key that food mentioned has become more palatable.

Take for instance my dinner last night. I had a BBQ chicken breast with mashed potatoes, green peas and mixed veggies as sidings. I had also a potato salad as a good source of carbs and finished it off with an iced tea for beverage. Whew! that was good.

No comments: