Friday, April 12, 2013

Honeysuckle


Project365 Frame 102


At last I have confirmed the name of those mysterious sweet smelling white flowers that bloomed in our backyard. Its name is "honeysuckle" more specifically the white honeysuckle or Japanese honeysuckle. A friend of mine actually replied to my request to tell me the name of that flower and when he gave me the name I immediately went online to learn more about it. I have seen the pictures being posted online so I think my friend was right, those were indeed honeysuckle. According to Wikipedia, there are about 180 species of honeysuckle. I'm quite positive that our plant belong to the Japanese honeysuckle. The pictures I got and the pictures posted online are identical. The scientific name of a Japanese honeysuckle is Lonicera Japonica.

No comments: