Monday, March 18, 2013

My First Muse Concert


Project365 Frame 077 Mar 18, 2013 1000 hrs

Last night,March 17th, I saw one of the most amazing shows that I've ever been. I saw Muse in concert at Mandalay Bay Events Center with my friend and his family. My friend, a big fan of the band has been suggesting to go with him. I was hesitant before because its basically a rock band and I'm not into much of rock music, pop-rock music is much better for me. Anyway, he introduced me to the music of Muse and I began to like it. He gave me all the music files and I've been playing their music on my iPod. When the news came that the band is on US tour for their new album and that one of their stops is Las Vegas, my friend immediately bought our tickets by the time it went on sale. This was last year and the perks of getting the tickets early is that we got one of the best seats in the house in terms of our ticket price. Anyway, we went to the concert venue and even bought some souvenir t-shirts. The show was awesome. I enjoyed their music more that it was live as compared to just listening to their recordings. You can feel the energy. The staging of their show was superb making use of lights, videos and some pyrotechniques but they did not over do these effects so as not to overshadow their actual performance. Overall I was so impressed and would definitely watch them again the next time around.

No comments: