Friday, March 22, 2013

Frozen


Project365 Frame 081

In one of my photo challenges from Photojojo University where I took some online lessons on iphoneography, I was tasked to take a picture showing my learned skills in freezing a moving subject. Using an app that could snap pictures in burst mode one could capture a frozen image of a moving subject. You can also accomplish this by using an app that could change the shutter speed of your phonecam to a much faster speed. This would minimize blurring of the moving subject. Also by locking the focus of your subject and using the burst mode, follow the moving subject. The subject is very focused while its background is blurred signifying motion. This could be a very good effect to the whole composition.

Since I dont have a model at hand, I figured out why not use a toy as my subject. How to move it? Just tossing it in front of the camera. Its quite hard that you are the photographer as well as the assistant, tossing the stuffed toy monkey in the air while the other hand is holding the camera and pressing the shutter button. I did several tries and the one I posted here is so far the best since the stuffed toy monkey is perfectly facing the camera.

No comments: