Friday, March 29, 2013

Good Friday


Project365 Frame 088

I'm home alone for several weeks now since my parents went home to the Philippines for a vacation. Since its Good Friday today and being alone, I just have to imagine all the delicacies that they are eating during this time of the year. Supposedly all the Christians around the world observing the Holy Week will be doing lots of prayers coupled with some fasting. Fasting is not like a hunger strike but to skip full meals for the day but we Filipinos instead eat some boiled sweet potatoes which we called in our dialect a "dinuldog". I cant well describe what goes into the "dinuldog" but I know there are some other root crops in it. Back to my own self today, I will still skip full meals but instead I'm creating my own "avocado smoothie". I know some of my Mexican friends will cross their eyebrows upon hearing this but I've been telling them ever since that we consume avocadoes in the Philippines as a fruit. Bottomline, since I cant have a dinuldog today, I might as well have my avocado smoothie.

No comments: