Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Light Couple


Project365 Frame 078 Mar 19, 0100 hrs

I'm kind of delayed with my assignments in my online photography lessons from Photojojo Univeristy so when I got home late last night, I was able to catch up with my last lesson about light special effects. Using an app to be able to slow down the shutter speed of my iPhone camera and with its timer capabilities, I was able to create some kind of light trail on a very dark room. In the photography world this is called light painting. We can actually use different sources of lights of different colors so that the effect would be better. I got two flashlights but unfortunately I didnt have colored paper to cover them so that the light beams would be colored too. Using the Slow Shutter app, I set the speed to 8 seconds and used the timer feature while setting up the camera on a tripod or something steady to prevent shaking movements. I turned off all the lights making the room pitch black. As the shutter went on, I moved around the two flashlights that I held in both my arms and only stopped as the shutter closed. The resulting image was beautiful since I was able to make two human forms side by side. It could have been more awesome if I used colored lights and also I have somebody else helping me with more light sources.

No comments: