Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Zarkana by Cirque du Soleil




I have watched the newest Cirque du Soleil production in Las Vegas the other night. The tickets was given to me as a birthday gift from my best friend. The show was staged at Aria Resort replacing the Viva Elvis show also by the same production. To tell you the truth, I didn't get the plot or storyline of the whole show but I found it awesome, from the acts, music, lights and staging. The show followed the traditional circus format led by the Ringmaster named Zar. They showed various death defying and dangerous acrobatics as if coming from a magical world. The musical accompaniment as well as the singers were superb in providing the magical feel of the show while performing live as what you expect in a Cirque production. The Cirque clowns were also there always starting and ending the show. The staging was also excellent, from the serpent scene to the giant spider webs and other magical scenes in between. Their stage designers have done an incredible job with the video backdrop that blended well to the whole scene. Some other Cirque du Soleil shows that I have seen were too overwhelming for me because there were so much going on inside the theater, not only on the stage area but all over within the theater. This time around, all the action were performed within the compunds of the stage.

Zarkana was a good show worth watching and I would highly recommend this to my friends. The pictures were taken from their gift shop adjacent to the theater and featuring the Zarkana fashion worn by the circus characters.

No comments: