Tuesday, February 26, 2013

American Idol



Project365 Frame 057 Feb 26, 2013 2240 hrs


A co-worker of mine told me how to get access to a live taping of my favorite reality show on tv, the American Idol. It is their second week of elimination round in Las Vegas in front of a live audience. The tickets are free but you have to wait in line since the tickets were given on a first come first serve basis. Even if I got an access voucher online, it doesn't guarantee you access to the venue. I got to the venue early and the line was long already but fortunately I was given a "hard ticket" for the show. Aside from witnessing first hand one of the eliminations of the show, I wanted to experience and see how a show is being produced for tv audiences. It was not a simple task. It involved a lot of people with specific responsibilities. From stage set up to the talents themselves, everything is on the script. Even the audience were encouraged to participate from applauding to big time vocal reactions. It takes a lot of coordination from the staff, the talents or contestants, the judges, the host & the audience. Cellphones & cameras were strictly prohibited so as to prevent spoiler feeds to the world since it will yet be aired on tv the following day. I tweeted earlier that it literally took a day to produce a 2-hr tv show. The time I spent to have access to the show was well worth the experience I gained.

No comments: