Thursday, February 14, 2013

Candy Heart


Project365 Frame 045 Feb 14, 2013 0700 hrs


Its Valentine's Day today and for this year I'm not planning for anything special since I'm working up to this weekend. I was surprised though that a coworker of mine who reported for work early this morning gave me this heart-shaped cherry flavored candy. Actually she gave everyone of us these candies. I remembered sometime ago when I was still in the Philippines working in a semiconductor company that every Valentine's Day we gave each lady in our department a red rose. Just a little and simple gesture of thoughtfulness goes a long way indeed. I remembered that all the ladies in our department were happy and cheerful the whole day until our shifts were done. One thing that I remembered also, they tried to preserve the roses that they received to last longer. They made their way of finding a small vase or container to put the rose in with water so that they can still have the rose fresh on their desks the following day.

The same thing happened to me this morning after I received this candy. Its been in my pocket the whole time until I arrived home. And then the inevitable happened, I just cant resist not to taste my little valentine, so there you go, I ate the candy up right after I got its picture. They said that "The best way to a man's heart is through his stomach". I truly believe that.

Happy Valentine's Day everyone.

No comments: