Sunday, January 13, 2013

Freeze

Project365 Frame 013 Jan 13, 2013 2330hrs


Its been very cold in Las Vegas for a couple of days now. We're having hard freeze temperatures specially in the evenings up to early mornings. Its sub-zero temperatures meaning below the freezing point. Because we're having dry cold air, no precipitations whatsoever so we are not having snow in the valley but only in the high elevations. But this is still dangerous if you're out there without proper insulation clothing. This is most risky to plants and other sensitive vegetations as well.

This morning it was around -3 degC or 27 degF and that was already like 8:00 in the morning. I cant even touch my car's steering wheel without my gloves. I just had my voice returned (although can't hit the high notes yet) and its specially not good when my throat or neck is exposed to this harsh temperature. Fortunately I have my protective gear, aside from my standard jacket, intact in my car like my scarf, gloves, and my beanie.

Talking about my beanie or this skull cap, I took a macro picture of its fiber material and got this amazing landscape-like result with my phone camera. I decided to feature it here.

No comments: