Thursday, January 31, 2013

Chopsticks

Project365 Frame 031 Jan 31, 2013 1100 hrs

I'm not going to write about how to use a chopstick. There are a lot of tutorials that you can find online complete with video demonstrations. All I can say is that practice makes you a pro in no time.

I learned how to use the chopstick back in the Philippines long time ago. I had a Chinese lady friend from Hong Kong that came to visit and when we went to a Chinese restaurant she forced me to use the chopsticks. Since I had no idea how to use it, she showed me how and soon enough I was able to eat our food. I practiced a lot since then starting with bigger chunks of food until I practiced on picking up peanuts and peas. From then on, I always see to it that I would ask for a chopstick whenever I eat in a Chinese, Japanese or Korean restaurants. I find it more efficient to eat noodles with a chopstick than using a fork. I have some sets of chopsticks at home to use whenever we eat some noodles like pancit. Believe it or not I often use chopsticks while eating potato chips specially if its cheese flavored since it would be messy if you use your fingers.

The featured photo for today was taken on my last visit to Panda Express.



No comments: