Friday, September 28, 2007

Body


Now I would like to talk about "body"...my body in particular. First of all no "body" is perfect, even those on the covers and pages of fashion magazines, health & fitness magazines have their own imperfections in one way or the other. That is why cosmetic surgery is a multimillion business nowadays.

One could choose to correct their imperfections in anyway they please or leave it the way it is, but man has no satisfaction and in constant pursuit of perfection. We can always see some flaws on our skin, face, body form when we look ourselves in the mirror. I, myself is no exception.

Whenever I look at the mirror I have no complaints about my face but looking at my body, I know its going out of shape. Although I would admit that I'm in better shape now as compared to my college years but it's not enough. I'm not endowed with an athletic build and I already accepted the fact that I dont have the superior genes that is mainly responsible for the lean and shapely or even mascular bodily profile. I know that help is available in a variety of choices. I would either leave as it is, or do something to improve it. Improving my body also has many choices as to how to go about it, its eiher undergo to an invasive surgery or go the natural and more healthy way through exercise and diet. Undergoing yourself to a surgical procedure to correct the imperfections of your body would produce a faster result even almost instant but would definitely cost a fortune. The other way around, through exercise and good diet would give you results in much longer time but these results are more permanent and may not cost even a fraction to the cost of a surgery.
I've chosen my way, since I've been exercising for several years now, although not consistently, and choose to continue what I'm doing now. This time I'm pretty serious. I have proven in the past that regular exercise coupled with a good and healthy diet would indeed produce results. The problem is to be consistent on following your exercise regimen.
Setting a goal is the first and one of the important thing to do to start an exercise program, sticking to it is the hard part. I intend to improve my body, shrink my tummy and get rid of that beer belly and love handles on my sides, build up a little mass on my chest, arms biceps, tone up my legs and back. I'm not dreaming of becoming a bulging bodybuilder, I only wanted to tone up my body and put on some mass on parts where muscles should be present instead of fat.
Three months from now I'll post an update on how far I have gone. I've been going to the gym for the past few days already and its a good sign. I hope to continue doing it and set-up a routine where my body can identify and get used to.
Wish me luck, folks.

No comments: