Tuesday, September 25, 2007

A Shocking Expperience

Monday Sept 24, its day 2 of my 3-days off for the week. I started this day going to the gym at around 8am. I think this is my first after three weeks of absence and whenever I eat so much I would feel guilty of all the food I've taken, just like yesterday when I had Japanese buffet with my friends. Am I being paranoid or what? I promised myself (for several times) to go back to the gym with a commitment for 3 to 4 times a week.
Halfway to my exercise program, when I grabbed dumbbells to do my bicep curls, I felt a sudden shot of pain on my right hand. I cant fully curl my fingers or close my right hand to a ball and cant even lift my usual 20lbs dumbbell. It was too painful that I have to stop my exercise and skip my bicep curls for this day.
Upon getting home, I put on the affected area with menthol pain reliever cream but it does not totally helped at all. Although I was able to close my hand a little bit, its still painful whenever I put some pressure on it. As my last resort, I popped in two tablets of 200mg Ibuprofen (Ad-Vil) to relieve the pain. It indeed helped but I know that after the effect of the pills that I took, the pain would come back.
I hope I just have the early stages of arthritis (meaning I'm not getting any younger), and not a serious one. I would better go back and see my doctor to have my routine physical check-up and do some bloodworks, too. Its time for my body for its regular maintainance....as what they say "you owe it to your body".

No comments: