Sunday, April 4, 2010

Remaining Days

After I decided to cut short my stay in the Philippines, I might as well enjoy the remaining days before my return trip to the US this coming April 11th. I got only less than 2 weeks to do this so I went to Bohol and spent Good Friday in that familiar island. I said "familiar" since I have some friends in that place and it was not my first time to visit that island. I originally planned to go to Malapascua, Cebu's answer to Boracay but unfortunately I was told that there were no more places to stay since all the hotels and lodging houses were all fully booked. I changed my plan to go to Bohol instead. Since the hotels along the beach were fully booked also I decided to stay within the Tagbilaran City proper. I was not really crazy about spending the day in a beach so I availed the island tour. Come Easter Sunday, I was already in Cebu attending a mass at the Basilica del Sto. Nino. Going back to Maasin this week, you will probably see me spending some quality time with my family at friends at Kuting Reef Resort. I've never been there and I've heard a lot of good things about this new resort in Southern Leyte.

Since I arrived in the Philippines last March 16th, these remaining days will be the days that I could call a "vacation". Days that I could enjoy myself in the countryside, my family and friends and of course the food while still staying connected online, thanks to the wide availability of Wi-Fi. Most likely I'll be back much sooner than expected.

No comments: