Saturday, April 10, 2010

I’m Outta Here!

For my last three days in the Philippines, I went to the now famous Kuting Reef Resort. Just less than an hour-drive away from Maasin City, this resort is quite out of touch from civilization. Why I said that? There was no clear signal for cell phones and internet connection. You need to move around the premises to get a signal. According to the management, they did not force the issue of getting full coverage of cell phones because the main purpose of spending some time in Kuting is to get lost from it all. I have noticed that there was no cable television installed in most of the rooms because again it was encouraged to forget the rigors of city life and just stay on silent mode and stay in tuned to nature. Just like a world class resort, Kuting Reef has some of the most common water sports facilities plus a little more. They offer an island tour to nearby Limasawa Island, the site of the first mass in the Philippines. The food was excellent for me and the hotel staff was most friendly and courteous. I also have noticed that even the staff speak the local dialect which is Visayan, they use the Philippines' national language Tagalog to communicate with all the guests. I occupied the casita accommodation which is like a modern bahay kubo with all the basic amenities that you can ask for including hot/cold shower.

My cousin Philip and his family spent the night with me for dinner and night swimming on the pool while my brother and his family as well as our parents joined me in the morning for lunch before I checked out.

As of this writing, I'm already in Cebu getting ready for my flight back to Las Vegas tomorrow.

No comments: