Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Home Alone 2 - Surviving

It's been more than two weeks since I came back from the Philippines and I'm still alone here in Las Vegas. I managed to get used to being alone in the house and going back to work was of great help for me. This way, I have something to look forward to every night, since I'm working on the evening shifts. My day off was quite enjoyable for me since I got invited by fellow Maasinhons for lunch last Sunday. I didn't have to think on something to do on that day. My best friend who usually was my companion on my days off was out of town having a vacation with his family but it was not a problem for me since I had some fun with my friends from my hometown. The following day I also got the chance to go out with some friends and have fun in a local bar. Even if I only got one drink, I still enjoy their company. Alcoholic drink was one of the things that I have to avoid or if not take at a minimum in order to take care of my remaining kidney. I really don't have a problem if I have to totally avoid alcoholic beverages since I'm not really a drinker and still can enjoy any party or gathering without it. I'm happy if I just settle on iced tea.

Don't get me wrong. I feel totally alright with myself. I'm still the same bubbly guy that I used to be before my trip to the Philippines. I'm not sick at all and I don't feel anything wrong on my body. It's just that since I knew the real status of my health, I have to be extra careful on what I eat and drink. You may call it paranoia but there is a need for me to be familiar with the stuff that I can take and those to be avoided. I still can do the things that I used to do in fact I'm dying to go back to my exercises. Oh yeah, going to the gym is the one thing that I still have to go back to. I missed the Zumba class already. Let's see if tomorrow morning could lead me to the gym. After all it's just a matter of will power to push me back on track.

No comments: