Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Home Alone

After my "failed" mission in the Philippines, I'm back here in Las Vegas and back to what I usually do: work, gym, eat, friends and just to enjoy life. My family is still in the Philippines eagerly waiting for my brother's kidney transplant come May 11th. Yes, he found a suitable donor after attempts on some relatives including myself. We are looking forward to his speedy recovery and back to his former person and lifestyle.

I thought I'm used to being alone at home. I spent about 17 years working and living away from my family and it gave me the opportunity to be independent and to be my own self. That was about 10 years ago before I moved here in the United States. When I got here and joined my parents, I was back to the comfort of a home and family. This time though, I'm home alone for about 2 months. My first few days were kind of confusing, I know there are a lot of things to do but I didn't know what to do first and what to do next. Fortunately I managed to do all my laundry on my clothes that I used during my brief stay in the Philippines. I also did a little grocery shopping although I wasn't planning to do some cooking for myself. It would be more feasible to just eat out than cook for myself. I guess going back to work soonest is one cure of this home alone dilemma.

I guess I got to go and wash my car next.

2 comments:

Mac Callister said...

bakit nauna ka na umalis?ayan you are alone tuloy sa bahay.anyway,hope maging ok na yun brother mo

Chronicler said...

Thanks a lot Mac.