Sunday, November 25, 2007

Start Of The "Shopping" Season


That's right, ladies and gentlemen, after Thanksgiving Day its the start of the holiday or should I say shopping season. This kicked off during Black Friday, the name shopping maniacs call the Friday after Thanksgiving Day. People were lining up and or camping out in front of their favorite stores as early as midnight because most of these stores will open at 4am...can you believe that? If you go to the store late that day, I wonder what else you could buy as most of the popular items were gone. Most people would go to electronics outlets like Best Buy, Fry's Electronics and Wal-Mart.
I was also bitten by the shopper's bug as I went to the nearest Best Buy store right after work, that was like 6:30am. My main purpose was to buy a portable game gadget specifically ordered by my nephew from the Philippines as the Gameboy. Unfortunately I cant find Gameboy in all the stores that I went through for several days now. Instead, they have the newest offering of Ninendo DS where you can can still use the Gameboy's games with it. The bad thing about me when I go shopping for someone else, I tend to feel that I was shopping for myself. What I did was, I started looking for another game gadget that I liked. I was comparing between Nintendo DS and Sony's PSP (play station portable). Then I heard myself justifying why I would choose the PSP against Nintendo. Well, you must agree that PSP is far more advanced in terms of portable gaming as compared to the other brand although you might consider that these are different systems. My inclination though was geared toward the PSP. Aside from being portable, and aside from playing games, you can also view your digital photos, can play mp3 music as well as watch videos and movies. What's more cool about this gadget is that you can go online whenever there is WiFi available or you are in a Hot Spot.
I guess this is too much advanced for my 7-yr old nephew but hey, I justified it by looking at the future, he will outgrow the Nintendo system while with the PSP, its features are still acceptable towards older "kids". Just watch their tv ads, the endorsers are always these cool guys and gals, enjoying music, videos and at the same time playing their favorite video games on the go.
Also, I'm now in near panic mode as Christmas is just around the corner and I havent started my Christmas shopping for gifts. I will let you know on my next post as how am I surviving this crazy shopping season both physically and financially.

No comments: