Sunday, March 21, 2010

SAD AND DISAPPOINTED

After undergoing all my physical tests, the bottom line result is devastating for me. I am not healthy enough to donate one of my kidneys to my brother. They found some stone formation near my right kidney minimizing the flow of blood which causes it to shrink in size than normal. I was devastated not because of the findings but because I failed my own brother. I could no longer give him one of my kidneys providing him the hope of improving his quality of life. When I got the results, I could not help myself but cry. I've been crying every night without them knowing since I don't want my brother to lose hope in finding another suitable donor for himself. He will have his own tissue cross matched from a pool of possible donor and hopefully it would just be a matter of time that he will be called for the actual transplant by his surgeon.

As for myself, I will still have to undergo a test to determine how much percentage my right kidney is working. This would determine the course of action how to treat and save my right kidney. The nephrologist told me that the stone was formed for quite some time now which means I've been living my life with literally just one full functional kidney without my knowledge. I told my family to make me an example to prospective donors that one can live a normal life with just one kidney as long as they will lead a healthy lifestyle.

Thinking on the positive side, it was a blessing in disguise for me. I have found out that there is something wrong with my health even if I don't feel any symptoms at all. I thought I was healthy enough because I've been trying to eat properly and exercise regularly. This made me realize that what I did were not enough to keep me healthy. Regular medical and physical check-up is necessary especially now that I'm not getting any younger. This made me realize how precious life is and appreciate all the blessings I received.

1 comment:

Jess Stanley Avila said...

hello friend, i just read you blog and i can resonate to that. i know where you are coming from and where you at right now, yeah, good thing you realized the importance of life, maybe we should look forward in finding the purpose of it, may sound cheesy, pero la lang hehe..

always remember this friend, every time you're in a situation where you cant seem to understand what the hell is happening, or why its happening, always rember one thing, GOD is in control of everything, and just TRUST Him, God is WISE TO BE MISTAKEN! i'll continue praying for you.. tc and GOD bless

Jess Stanley A. Avila
crossings17@yahoo.com