Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Grueling Days

After 13 long hours of flight from Vancouver, we finally arrived here in Cebu last March 16th, a Tuesday. We arrived in early morning and I wasn't tired at all so we decided to start the tests immediately. I had my ECG, ECHO (ultrasound for the heart), chest X-ray and ultrasound for my kidneys. The following day, Wednesday, I had my blood works done. There were a lot to consider like sugar levels, creatinine toxicity levels, HIV and a lot more. My blood type is B just like my brother, the potential recipient of one of my kidneys. We are on the third day and we will go to my brother's nephrologist for the results. I am currently worried because initially I've heard that there were some issues on some of my test results which we will confirm today. My biggest fear is what if I am not healthy enough to become a donor? What will happen now to my brother?

No comments: