Sunday, September 20, 2009

San Gennaro Feast

Since I have talked about food in my last post (check out my post titled Fortune Cookies), I might as well continue my little gastronomic journey this week. Last Sept 17Th, I went to San Gennaro Festival, an Italian festival held annually here in Las Vegas. The event was spearheaded by the Society of San Gennaro Feast. San Gennaro was a bishop of Benevento, Italy who died a martyr in 305 AD.

This festival is one of the big annual festivals being held here in Las Vegas. There were carnival rides, arts and crafts, performers and most importantly, FOOD!....Italian food. Talk about Philly cheese steak, Italian sausages and peppers, spaghetti, lasagna, meat balls, calzone, baked zita, fried calamari, shrimp campi, beer, beer and more beer. Aside from mainly Italian food stands, there were also food vendors selling Mexican and Mediterranean food items.

When I was roaming around the festival grounds, absorbing the aroma of food, feasting my eyes on the various arts and crafts being sold, and appreciating the sea of people attending the festivities, I took some video footages using my Creative VadoHD compact video camera. The resulting crude video is a good representation of the fun one could experience at San Gennaro festival.

2 comments:

Kablogie said...

Wow! Dahil sa pix and video posting mo para ko na rin nagagala ang las vegas..Wish ko lang makapunta ako jan one day! :D

Chronicler said...

Magbakasyon kayo dito...I'll be your toro-rist guide...LOL
Thanks for the comments, Kablogie.