Monday, September 7, 2009

My Recent Road Trip










Yeah, yeah…it has been awhile since my last update on my blog. I really wanted to post something over the weekend but I was kind of busy due to my mini vacation/road trip to California. Definitely, I will talk about this little adventure that happened on my last days off.


On a Sunday morning, a little bit sleepy since I just came from my work overnight, I embarked on a road trip to California. Armed with my GPS (as usual) mounted on MacLeod (the name I granted to my ever reliable Toyota Highlander SUV), I pointed my direction towards the beaches of Southern California facing the Pacific Ocean. To cope up with the sleepiness, I downed a dose of 5Hr Energy Drink and blasted my car speakers with the soundtrack I specially prepared in my iPod Touch.

I actually got three (3) choices of destination; Long Beach, Venice Beach and Santa Monica and I ended up in Santa Monica. Santa Monica is the home of the world famous Santa Monica Pier. The pier offers a variety of entertainment, dining and shopping possibilities including the thrill rides of the Pacific Park, a historic carousel built in 1922 and an interactive aquarium. Along the planks of the pier, there were musicians and artists performing to the public for free. They said that this is one spot where you can enjoy a beautiful California sunset but I never had the chance to witness this since I was already busy looking for a hotel where I could stay for the night. Nevertheless I still enjoyed my short stay in this beautiful Californian beach, just think Baywatch.

More pictures: http://lemueljon.multiply.com/photos/album/65/Mini_Adventure_to_Santa_Monica_Los_Angeles




No comments: