Wednesday, July 1, 2009

A Time Capsule

Today is Wednesday and my first day of work for the week. I think I started the day right by waking up early and went to the gym. While in the gym I had a "virtual gym buddy" with me who kept on sending text messages and in return I sent my replies in-between sets. My real gym buddy is nowhere to be found, actually he was tired from working the previous night and he just arrived from his 3-day trip to San Francisco. That "virtual gym buddy" was a welcome treat for me.

Back in the house, I wasn't sleepy at all, you're supposed to be energized after exercise but I've got to catch some sleep in preparation for my work tonight. To keep my eyes tired I browsed through the archive of my old blog, Lemuel Jon Online, a blog service of Friendster, an online social network which I was a member for as long as I can remember. I started my blog last July 2005…wow that long? At that time I was just blogging for myself since nobody cared to visit and leave a comment on my entries there. My postings there were about my day-to-day life's activities, my job, my friends, my trips, my own opinion on what was happening at that time and I realized that I've created a time capsule of my own. Reading through the archive was like reminiscing the events from July 2005 up to the present. I actually enjoyed what I wrote in there. Those entries may not be my best literary achievement but I have kept tab of what was happening to me and the world. Sometime in September 2007, I decided to start another blog with another provider and this blog, The Daily Grind came about. I did not delete or discard my old blog because I have used it to link and guide visitors to my new blog. So from then on, you can only read teasers of my main entries in The Daily Grind.

If you want to browse my old blog, just follow this link. Be sure to read from the oldest entry up to the present and you will know what I've gone through.

5 comments:

Goddy: An Unbreakable Spirit said...

Hi Joel!

Your blog introduced me to the blogging world. You know that. I learned so much from it. I love your blog... your blogs, rather. Thank you, friend!

Yodi Insigne said...

I definitely agree that personal blogging creates a time capsule.
When I want to amuse myself - I read my old blog entries and I am amazed by my long-forgotten crazy stuff.

Chronicler said...

Goddy - I'm so flattered about what you said and at the same time humbled. Thanks.

Yodz - thanks for the visit. I guess I would make it a habit to visit my old blog just to reminisce.

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

Chronicler said...

@Anonymous - whoever you are thanks for the comments.