Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Some Benefits I Get For Being A Homebody

Maybe because of the heat brought about by the American summer, especially that I'm located in Southern Nevada and particularly in Las Vegas, I always felt lazy. I'm lazy to go out to do anything. I usually did that before, bringing along my camera and just take pictures wherever and whatever I want to capture. I always go out alone if I plan to bring my camera along because this way I can go wherever I want and I don't have to take into consideration what my companions would like to go and do. It's been a couple of weekends now that I just stayed home and trying to be away from the searing heat of the sun outside. We are already on triple digits in terms of temperatures and even during the evenings, the temperatures are still on the 90s level and that's on Fahrenheit scale. So far I tried to get busy and make myself productive but I still felt I don't have enough energy to do anything. Aside from going to the gym, I ended up watching DVD movies on marathon and I realized I still have movies that I haven't watched before or have forgotten all about it. Staying home all day also gave me the opportunity to bond more with my folks as we can have breakfast, lunch and dinner together. Bonding together means watching DVD movies or TV shows with me. This also gave me another opportunity to appreciate and enjoy more of my favorite Bose home theater which I bought last Christmas shopping spree together with a new Panasonic blue ray DVD player. It's been 6 months or so that I got these pieces of technology that I normally took for granted after the first few days of excitement when I bought them. It's nice to rekindle that excitement feeling and a certain high when you are immersed into the sea of clear fidelity of sound and the clarity of vision brought by this entertainment system. Catching on my sleep is also another good thing that I've been doing. I never had enough sleep needed for a healthy body specially that I'm working on the evenings and working out with weights in the gym, I need enough recovery time that sleep can provide. One more thing, I got to save some dough and that's practical as it can be. I usually watch movies, clubbing, dining and shopping with my friends during my days off. With the state of the economy gripping the world today, saving money is one of the first steps one can do. Another best thing that happened when I just stayed indoors is my spending valuable time with my special one back in the Philippines. We just chatted for hours since I have all the time in my hands to spare.

So far these are the things that I consider the benefits I got while staying home.

4 comments:

Mac Callister said...

i always want to be home too just to watch movies and feel lazy all day long haha

Chronicler said...

Mababato ka rin pag laging ganun nalang...but its still a good thing to do once in while just to get out from the worries of daily living..

Kablogie said...

masarap pa rin mag stay sa loob ng bahay basta kumpleto sa tech hehehe..pero syempre iba pa rin yun paminsan minsan na gimik sa labas..=)

Chronicler said...

Kablogie, thanks for the visit. Yes you're right, dapat may gimik paminsan minsan...so today, gigimik ako....