Wednesday, July 8, 2009

New Week

My 3 days off is over and now I'm on the start of a new workweek. There was nothing much happening during my free time except my regular video chat sessions with my "special one". This is the only way that we can still maintain our communications since we are far from each other. My friends were not convinced that this "long distance" relationship could work but both of us agreed that communication and trust for each other is the key to make this a long term deal. Even if one of us is away from our computers we see to it that we can still get in touch using other means like text messaging.

I actually didn't have any plans at all to go out because it's already summer time and it would be burning hot outside. Watching the weather news this morning, Southern Nevada where Las Vegas is located had only 0.003 inches of average rainfall since the start of 2009, much less than an inch of rainfall! We indeed have a long way to go. Temperature is 103degF and since it would be breezy for the next 2 days it would feel the same, but if it's not windy at all, you add 10 to 15 deg to the current temperature and that is what you would feel under the searing sun. We expect more rain to come in a few days or weeks to come as we are also on monsoon season. Flash flood warnings are all over the city billboards and infomercials on TV. By the way, today is the 10th year anniversary of that major flash flood that happened in the valley last 1999. From that time until now, much has been done in the improvement of the city's flood control systems. So much of the weather talk, but this is the main reason why I really didn't want to go out especially during the daytime. The only time I went out of the house was to go to the gym for my much needed exercise.

I was also able to watch on TV the memorial for Michael Jackson. For me, it was fitting for the King of Pop and it was a celebration of his life. People talk about how their lives were touched by MJ and I also agree that MJ has made a mark of himself to the world. He was a worldwide phenomenon and his legacy would live forever. His memorial would linger in the minds of all the people in the world for a long time.

At last I was able to watch Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen and is quite a disappointment for me. It was quite long for such a genre of the movie. I love the animation and the graphics although during the fight sequences, it would appear a little blurry and made me a little dizzy. My friend and I actually planned to watch it on IMAX but we were late for the schedule so we ended up watching it on the regular screen although the sound effect of the theater is still superior. I thought it was a blessing in disguise that we missed the IMAX show because I probably would be very dizzy watching the fight scenes on an IMAX screen. One Facebook friend made a comment on me that maybe it was already a sign of old age when I mentioned this dizzy comments. At least I still enjoyed the movie because my two favorite autobots, Optimus Prime and Bumblebee are still there. I just have to be a kid at heart again in order to enjoy the movie and I did. I love the first Transformers movie better though than this one.

So that's how I spent my last 3 days off, and now getting ready to go back to work for the next 4 days.

2 comments:

EngrMoks said...

Hindi ko pa napapanood ang transformer 2...excited ako mapanood ito...
Advance happy weekend sa iyo pare...enjoy mo sana ulit ang next weekend!

Chronicler said...

Thanks Pareng Moks. Akala ko ba ako nalang ang pinakahuling nakapanood nga Transformers 2 heheheh