Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Party Days



For the past couple of weekends, actually during my days off, I practically was a homebody. I mentioned in my previous posts that I just stayed home, watched movies on DVD and on TV. Except for going out for the gym, I basically just stayed home. Eventually my boredom sets in and I wanted just to get out from the house no matter what I would do as long as I could get out. Over the weekend or should I say my own weekend from Sunday through Tuesday, I was lucky enough to receive invitations from my friends for parties. Yes, for three days people, three days of partying! I can't help but Tweet about it and put some updates on my Facebook, too. I was actually beginning to like it!


Last Sunday was already a scheduled affair. We got together to plan and prepare for our upcoming celebration of Maasin Fiesta here in Las Vegas. It's been 5 years now that people from my hometown of Maasin City celebrated our fiesta every 15th of August in honor of our Patron Saint, Our Lady of the Assumption. Part of the preparation we did was to practice our dance number as we intend to have a short program with production numbers during the Dinner & Socials event. So, this is what we will be doing for the next 4 Sundays.


A family friend invited us for a birthday party at their house last Monday. That was my second day of partying. There were lots of food, booze and karaoke singing, a basic Pinoy staple for home entertainment. In-house Pinoy parties will never be complete without karaoke sing-a-long system. Although I had my usual chatting sessions the previous evening, I was able to sleep during the daytime so I was in good condition to drink with my friends. I only took some wine but I can't remember how many rounds I took. The most important thing is I know my limitation with regards to drinking alcohol beverages because I still have to drive home by the end of the day. While at home from the party, I still got the precious time to chat with my partner in the Philippines.


Yesterday, a Tuesday was my third and final day that I was free from work. I was considering to do some shopping for personal items, chill out at Starbucks in the afternoon while catching up my reading of Bob Ong's books and finally may watch Harry Potter movie before retiring for the night. Luckily again (& for the 3rd time) I got a call from my friend inviting me in his house for dinner. They are just having a get together because their brother and his wife just arrived from California. All my "barkada" were there.


Basically, I was partying hard for the last 3 days and I was beginning to like it. Unfortunately for today, I have to get back to work. I started my day right by going to the gym with my gym buddy and completed my whole routine. I'm quite ready now for another day of life-saving work in the hospital pharmacy.

No comments: