Wednesday, May 20, 2009

To My Best Friend

Sometimes you never know yourself, but with almost two (2) years of having you as a friend I think I know much about you already. I thank you for trusting me all the way because that's one of the foundations of a good lasting friendship…TRUST. Because you trusted me, you told me almost everything about yourself including the affairs of your heart. You told me about the past, the present and your plans and vision for tomorrow. You are very specific of what you want and who you want to be with in the future. I admired you for that, a good visionary. Sometimes bad things happen and affecting your life now. Unfortunately you had a problem of sorting out the past from the present. I can see that your past is still haunting you and caused you so much pain. I've been telling you to forget, forgive and move on. You assured me that you've been doing that but I can't see that you were. Meeting new friends is a good way to forget the past and open some doors for new opportunities but so far everything was short lived. You immediately closed the doors when it was not really fully opened yet. I can understand why you failed on this, because sad to say, you are still dealing with the past. You have the tendency to compare the new opportunities with the past. You can never find the exact person again in another body. You've been asking the question why that person cannot love you in return when you've given almost everything you got. I can't answer that. It can only be answered by that person alone. You can never change a person, the way that person treated you, it would be impossible.

As your loyal friend, I can only do as much to help you. Everything is all up to you. I am a shoulder to cry on, my ears and heart ready to listen and my arms all wide open to hold you, but that's only up to that point. Only when you realize and accept the fact that the past belong to the past and you learn to forget, then you are ready to face the future, opening new doors wide open and seize that opportunity. It may be difficult and a slow process but just keep on going. The only good thing that you can get from the past are the good memories and the lessons learned the hard way. Yes, life's journey is full of risks but that's the way life should be. That's what makes life more interesting and worth living. There are maybe more heartaches along the way but life should go on and don't lose your sight on that goal, that pursuit of happiness. I can only promise that as you move along, I'm always here for you ready to be your cushion every time you fall.

Ok Cabron? Let's hit the bars and toast for the future….hik!

2 comments:

Goddy: An Unbreakable Spirit said...

Nice! Like a covenant with a friend. You're such a good friend, Joel.

Chronicler said...

Thanks for the comments, Goddy.