Thursday, March 12, 2009

Monday Blues Turned Disaster

Every first day of a workweek, you always feel something weird all day long. Mostly I feel tired on my Mondays which in my case is a Wednesday night. I work in the evenings starting at Wednesdays through Sundays. Most of the people would probably have an idea what I was talking about specifically those who are working in an office environment. This feeling of being low and down in the first day of work usually would disappear on the second day and gradually be replaced with increased excitement and enthusiasm at work toward the end of the week. The same cycle would go on every time a new week would begin.

Yesterday was my Monday. I had slept the night before but during the daytime, I went to the gym, did some errands and end up of having only 3 hours of sleep before actually going to work last night. As expected, I felt the monday blues again. Towards the middle of my shift, while working on our Robot-Rx, the machine started to become erratic and eventually it stopped working. I called the service technicians for help and after some calibrations the problem was not resolved. Eventually I called some other headcount to help me do the manual pick for all five (5) floors.Since it was a manual thing to do, the task became so tedious and took more time to finish. It turned out to be a disaster. I was never able to take a break to eat my dinner. Even how much effort we exerted to be able to finish everything before the 7:00am deadline, we only finished everything by 8:30am.

I felt so tired when I was on my way home. I took a warm shower, eat a very light meal as my breakfast, and now after posting this entry would head for bed to catch up on lost sleep.

11 comments:

Ron Centeno said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ron Centeno said...

Sometimes it's amazing how bad things just turn out worse.

At the end of the day, we get over it. Thank God for that.


Hopefully you've catched up on sleep by now.

Don't work too hard.

Kablogie said...

Ako rin I hate monday lalo nun nag aaral pa ako kasi yun simula ng weekdays kaya nakakatamad...Nagbago lang ang pananaw ko sa monday nang mapapadpad ako sa middle east dahil ang start of the week nila eh saturday kaya...I hate saturday na tuloy lols!

Kablogie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mac Callister said...

oh that sounds tiring haha glad you got some help afterall

Chronicler said...

Thanks Mac for the comments. I've been checking your blog also and I enjoyed reading it.

Ron Centeno said...

Musta na Joel? Thanks for dropping by! Have a great week! Ingat!

Goddy: An Unbreakable Spirit said...

Hello, Joel! Glad to know you're lonely and blue--only on a Monday. Ako, friend, 'di lang lonely and blue but shaking in fear and very anxious everyday and for almost 30 years. But I tried myself to be happy. I have a self-affirmation on the wall that I made, try to read them everyday. It reads: "I AM HAPPY...(I'll force myself to smile as I read this)... I AM HEALTHY... I FORGIVE AND RELEASE ALL THOSE WHO HAVE WRONGED AND HURT ME... I LIKE MYSELF... I LOVE GOD... GOD LOVES ME! It helps. You need a lovable someone. A lovable friend. Love heals. Love will make you happy. Love will put things back in the right perspective. Ingat! God bless!

Chronicler said...

Thanks Goddy for just being there.

BUHAY BAYOT said...

Hi Joe.

We shared same sentiments but as long as we ar happy thats all matters. Hows your heart? ;)

Chronicler said...

Hi Del, ok lang ang heart ko still pumping good supply of blood heheheheeh. Thanks for the visit.