Saturday, March 7, 2009

The "First Friday" - Revisited

In my previous blog postings, I have mentioned about the "First Friday", an arts festival event held here in Las Vegas every first friday of the month. For the month of March, it was held last March 6th at the Las Vegas Arts District.


This was my third attendance to this event with my good friend Rafael, who also loves anything artsy. Although my attendance was kept short because I have to leave early for work, we walk through the whole open air venue to check on new things. I have noticed that there were video projections being installed showing locally made music videos of local artists and locally produced short films. There were also new bands performing on three venues as jazz, pop/rock and rock music filled the cool night air. New restaurants put up stalls to let visitors try their menu offerings. There is always something for each and every visitor to peruse and appreciate.


To learn more about First Friday, check this site online: http://www.firstfriday-lasvegas.org/


I found a video from YouTube taken from the First Friday January 2009. Watching this would probably provide an idea what this event is all about.


No comments: