Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Thank You

"Thank you" or merely "Thanks" is an expression of gratitude given to an individual or a group of individuals who have done you good in any ways. They may have given you some gifts, or favors or they may have helped you out of your miseries. Sometimes, saying "Thank You" is more than enough to express how greatful you are as a recepient of something good from these people.

In my recent blog posts, I have opened up that I was a latest survivor of a failed relationship. Surviving in the sense that I have tried and beginning to move on to another chapter of my life. All these initial steps will never be possible without the help and support of the people that I consider my real friends.

I am surrounded by friends both in real world and from cyberspace and the selected few that I will proudly mention here are the ones closest to my heart:

Mike
I found this guy from chatting in Yahoo Messenger. I did not expect that we will become close but whenever we start chatting online, we can talk anything under the sun, and we tend to forget how long we've been online. I became relaxed and secured talking with him, which is rare in cyberspace. He was with me during the ups and downs of my latest relationship and is very supportive of me when this relationship actually collapsed. He is the one that I mentioned in my last entry about that boring Tuesday, the one expert in text messaging. My fondness of him did not change when I finally met him in my last trip to the Philippines. Thanks a lot bro for just being there, and wasting your load because of me.

Rafa
A rare gem of a friend. I met him in my gym and we clicked immediately. His own love story is somewhat similar to mine and that probably made us closer to each other. We shared our love of arts particlarly in music and artsy films. He used to be a bass guitarist in a rockband back home in Mexico. Yes, he is a Mexican and I fondly call him "cabron" while he call me "pare" in return. Talking with him made me comfortable and help ease the pain that I felt. Gracias tanto, cabron.

Tobby
This is my "son" in cyberspace. We first met in an online social network and I have met him in person the last time I went home to the Philippines. Although it was a short meeting, I felt that we have bonded in our own little way. It pains him to see me go after just a few hours of talking. Dont worry kiddo, there will be a next time.

Jess
I also met Jess through a social networking and became a regular chatmate. A band member, a musician, singer and a composer, he was brave enough to open up to me about his life's struggles. I fondly call him Kuya Jess although I'm way older than him. I met him personally and gave his time to go with me to meet up Tobby. Jess is one of those who have made some effot to give me some advise about relationships. I think he is more mature than me in handling relationships. Thanks a lot, Kuya.

Cesar, Gaye, Teody, Emmy, Zeno & Ara
These are my "barkada" here in Las Vegas. They are always there for me and supported me all the way without asking any questions. Cesar particularly saved me from an embarassing situation and I'm forever thankful to him. Thank you guys, when is the next party?

Goddy
My ever dearest friend Goddy. We bonded through our blogs. He was asking for some tips, and here I am feeling the expert one, gave him some tips in order for him to start his own blog. Now, his blog "A Friend Named Goddy", have some good following of its own. A recent recepient of "Honest Scrap" award he in turn grant that same award to this blog. True to his word of always reading my blog entries, he recently gave me sound advice on how to move on. Thanks a lot my friend. I'm planning to meet you before this year ends.

Ron
I recently learned about Ron through Goddy's blog links. Ron's blog "In My Own Words" was also a fellow recepient of the "Honest Scrap" award granted by Goddy. Least of my expectations, Ron was able to post a comment on one of my blog entries. Thanks for the comments, man. I am now following your blog and looking forward to your more interesting entries. I hope that through this bold move, by putting you on the list of my special friends, you also would consider me as a friend.

These are the few people that lifted me in a way out of my recent life crisis. I think it is now easier to move on knowing all these people behind me. They may pamper me with soothing words or kick me in the butt, bottomline I have to move on.

To all of you...a big THANK YOU!!!

2 comments:

Ron Centeno said...

Pareng Joel,

Thank you is not enough for the good words.

We all need a little encouragement and push to help us keep going.

Pare, it's an honor to be your friend.

Anonymous said...

Hi Joel! This is my first time here and have enjoyed reading your posts. I came across you through our mutual friend Goddy. I also came to befriend Ron who was so gracious as to often visit my humble blog.

Congrats for the honest scrap award! I was actually the culprit who gave Goddy that award. That time we didn't know each other well when, surprisingly, one day he called me over the phone! (Yup, we work in the same institution).

More power to your blog!