Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Receiving The "Honest Scrap" Award


This is an overdue acknowledgement of the first ever award that I received for this non-sense blog. Fortunately a friend turned fellow blogger named Mr. Goddy Ramirez (A Friend Named Goddy)happened to link his own blog to mine. I have high regard to my friend Goddy because he's such a good writter, honest as well as open enough in his entries in his blog. He received this same award for his own blog and he granted this award to me. I guess he really liked the senseless nature of my entries and even if this might be considered as mere scrap, at least there is honesty in every entry that I wrote.

So what is this Honest Scrap award all about? To quote Mr. Ramirez' blog, This award is bestowed upon a fellow blogger whose blog’s content or design is, in the giver’s opinion, brilliant.” I hope you guys also agree that the giver of this award actually liked my blog. This is an honor for me and I humbly accept this. Thank you Mr. Ramirez.

As the recepient of this award comes with some requirements before I can pass this along to another fellow blogger. Again, to quote from Mr. Ramirez' blog, here are the requirements of the Honest Scrap award:

“When accepting this auspicious award, you must write a post bragging about it, including the name of the misguided soul who thinks you deserve such acclaim, and link back to the said person so everyone knows s/he is real. Choose a minimum of seven (7) blogs that you find brilliant in content or design. Or improvise by including bloggers who have no idea who you are because you don’t have seven friends. Show the seven random victims’ names and links and leave a harassing comment informing them that they were prized with Honest Weblog. Well, there’s no prize, but they can keep the nifty icon. List at least ten (10) honest things about yourself. Then pass it on!”

Of all the requirements above, I still have to choose the 7 blogs that I will find brilliant enough worthy of this award and make a list of honest things about myself. I have already bragged about it though this post so I guess I'm on the right track. Once I complete the requirements, I will announce who will be my recepients for the Honest Scrap award.

2 comments:

Goddy: An Unbreakable Spirit said...

Hello, my friend Lemuel! Congrats! I like your blog. I really do! It makes great sense. I've been blogging for almost a year now. You were my mentor. You taught me how to do it, have you forgotten? And your blog, The Daily Grind, was my pattern. My blog received an award from a sensible and more knowledgeable blogger. Will "The Daily Grind" where I patterned my blog not likewise receive an award? And if a student was honored for a job well done, should his mentor not have a share of that honor? Oh friend, I owe you something. But you don't ask anything in return. You deserve an award of greater value than what I have given you. Again, congrats!

Goddy: An Unbreakable Spirit said...

...and THANK YOU!