Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Just One Of Those Days


Today is just one of those extra boring days of my life. I'm off from work today and still cannot decide what would I do.

Most of my friends are working today so they cant just be with me. I was chatting with a dear friend last night though until the wee hours of the morning. I woke up around 11:00 AM just in time to have lunch with my parents before they went off for work. After lunch I went back to my room and opened my emails. I need to catch up with my emails specially the account that I used for my Yahoo eGroup since the inbox get easily filled up. I need to be updated with the exchanges of messages among the members of the eGroup since I am the moderator. It is a mortal sin not to be able to cope up with these messages among your members. Aside from this, I still have to deal with another email account which I considered my primary email but mostly junk mails populated its inbox. Once my eyes got tired looking on the computer screen I decided to rest for awhile and then planned on going out and watch a movie later that afternoon.

My idea of rest actually exerted more effort and energy from me. I turned on our karaoke system and sang my heart out. Once my throat began to feel sore, I stopped singing and turned the tv to watch a pre-recorded episode of my favorite show, Heroes. After watching Heroes, I watched another favorite reality show. American Idol. Can't you see why I was still bored after all the singing and tv? I just need some company. Honestly I still missed the special person that I just broke up with. Every Tuesdays used to be our day. We always go out and just be together because it was only this day that we both are off from our respective work. I was no longer used to be alone on Tuesdays. Well, I know I can get over with this dilemma, with the help of my dear friend from the Philippines. This friend was too helpful of me today. Text messages never stopped coming and I felt I was no longer alone in the house, I felt I was talking with somebody, somebody very important to me. Eventually I changed my plan of going out. I ended up watching blueray dvd movies on my blueray player. I had my dinner, alone physically, but not in spirit. I am so thankful of this friend of mine, keeping me company for several hours through text messaging. We probably are record holders for the most time spent on text messaging. Still on my pajamas since last night, I went for a warm shower and is getting ready for bed, well not quite. I'm still online typng this entry into my blog.

That was how I spent my extra boring day.

2 comments:

Goddy: An Unbreakable Spirit said...

Hey, nice picture... nice pose hun! Had you only smiled, it would have been perfect. I know the reason why your day was boring. Man is a social being. You need people to talk to. You need someone to be with. Well, me, too. I've been living a solitary life for the past 30 years. No father, no mother, no wife, no children, my siblings are back in the province, no friends. My constant companions are my enemies and my everyday problems. But life has to go on. So, I tried to embrace the world like a lover. Love is essential. Love is a need. So, I tried to learn to love even my enemies. And thanks to this high-tech generation, I found new friends in cyberspace. Like you. I visit you almost everyday. Can't you feel my friendship?

Ron Centeno said...

Kahit boring at least nakakaporma pa rin. On the other hand you were able to do a lot on that boring day. And yes, no one is an island, we always need someone to share our lives with.