Monday, February 9, 2009

Birthday Weekend

Last weekend for me was a long one. As of this writing, I'm still off from work...whew! at least I still can regain back the loss of sleep and keep up with my gym schedules.
I have already requested some days off prior to my actual birthday so that I can have enough time to prepare for my planned birthday bash with my family and close friends. Actually it was not only successful but also one of the stressful weekend I ever had. Let me tell you first why the past days were stressful for me and then for the ending part, why the "celebration" came out successful after all.
Few days earlier I had a bad time with a special someone. A relationship ended but did not end in the right way. It was a bitter one before it became better. After everything's been said and done, I was glad that we met in the middle ground and decided to move on. This led to my one of the happier if not the happiest birthday celebration ever. I thought I got myself a mortal enemy but it turned out that I may have a good friend in the making. What kept me going also was some support from my good friend in the Philippines. I was continuously urged and encouraged to move forward and simply kept me company. Ever wonder how we did that? Through the power of text messaging! Thank you guys, you know who you are.
In my previous entry in this blog, I mentioned that I made a promise to myself to attend again that less known big event in Las Vegas, the First Friday Arts Festival. I did went back to the said event last Feb 6th with my best friend. He was the one who introduced me to this festival and I fell in love with it last month when I first attended.
On the following day, the 7th Feb, my birthday party at home was attended by mostly friends from my home city in the Philippines, Maasin City. My so called "barkada" were there in full force braving the cold (it was raining for the whole day) that evening. We were taking some booze to heat us up against the cold. To sourgrape everything, I should be entitled to take a little more than I can handle since aside from being the celebrant, I was in my own turf so I should have the advantage than the rest of my friends. Dont get me wrong, I did drink a little but I was not drunk, I kept my cool all throughout the evening. Someone kept bugging me to control myself...hehehehe. Hey, I have few reasons to celebrate as you all know.
Happy birthday to me...happy birthday to me....happy birthday, happy birthday...happy birthday to me.....here's to another year, hik!

1 comment:

Goddy: An Unbreakable Spirit said...

Hello, Joel! Glad to know you had a wonderful birthday celebration despite what had happened to a major relationship. Well, some good things really never last. If you made the most of a relationship and it has to go, just let it go. Even love can be so fleeting, you know. Just keep the spirit of love alive in you even if someone special is gone. I suggest you keep on loving that person. After all, what is essential is invisible to the eye. Happy birthday, dear friend! - Goddy