Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Home Alone – No More

After about five (5) months in the Philippines of taking care of my brother during his kidney transplant, my dad is back with me here in Las Vegas. I jokingly said that "at last my cook is back", because he is always the one working in the kitchen even if my mom was with us. My mom by the way is still in the Philippines with my brother. She probably would wait until my brother's condition is more stabilized. Her open ticket for her return trip though is until February of next year so she actually doesn't have limitless time to remain in the Philippines.

At last I have someone with me in the house. Even if our house is just a small one, enough for a family of 3 to 4, it still felt eerie when you are alone all the time. Fortunately, work and my friends helped me cope up with loneliness. I always spent my days off with my close friends and I just return back to home at nights when I was all ready to sleep. If my friends were not available to go out, there is always the ever waiting gym ready to welcome me. I had worked out very late in the gym for a couple of times and I actually liked it since there were not much people that you had to compete with in using the equipments. My laptop or should I say my netbook also helped me battle the boredom in the house. I think I became a Facebook fanatic since this is always the site that I open all the time at home and even if I didn't have my netbook, I had my mobile phone setup to open Facebook and Twitter. Everywhere I went with my friends, be it bars and restaurants or out of town places, I always update my Facebook. In fact I jokingly declared that I easily get kidnapped if ever I had a stalker since by just reading my updates on Facebook alone, one would know where I am and what I was doing.

Right now I am working with some people from my hometown in preparing for our upcoming Maasin Fiesta. This will be a ten (10) day affair complete with Novena and finally a Dinner & Socials in a ballroom of one of the local resorts here. Anyway, this is another story worth blogging. Bottom-line, my dad is back now and we are waiting for my mom to join us soon.

No comments: