Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Happy Birthday Mama

My mom's birthday will be this coming Aug 19, 2010 and she will be 79 years old. This is also the first time since year 2000 that she will be celebrating this day away from me and my dad. She is still in the Philippines right now with my brother.

I am not very vocal in expressing myself how I felt to my family and loved ones. I can easily express it through letters and cards or through gifts during holidays and birthdays. Through this blog I can easily express how much I love her.

Ever since I was young she is always there for me & my brother in good times and in bad. I perceived her as the strong pillar in the family. My family recently experienced the worst crisis so far but she was there standing strong. I know she suffered as I always saw her crying but she had her refuge, God. Even if she was hurting inside, she still held herself together through prayers. Eventually, we went through the crisis victorious with God's help.

I know I could not repay for everything she had done for me but the only thing I could do for her is to love her. I had my shortcomings, yes. I may not be a perfect son for her and I'm sorry for that, but my love and respect for her is never ending. I could only wish good health for her. She is already retired from work and I hope she would enjoy this new phase of her life.

I love you Mama, and Happy Birthday.

No comments: