Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Birthday And False Alarm

Last Sunday, February 7Th was my birthday in time of the NFL's XLIV Super Bowl between Indianapolis and New Orleans. New Orleans won the championships by the way.
Knowing that some of my friends are busy with the games, either watching or betting, I decided to lessen my preparation for my own birthday party. Almost half of Kaba-Maasin members that I invited were not able to attend my party. Nevertheless, I still enjoy the time with my close friends that evening. After watching the games on TV, we watched Michael Jackson's "This Is It" movie/documentary on our Blu-Ray player since most of my friends were not able to watch it during its limited run in the theaters. We ended the party doing karaoke while most went home because of work or school early in the morning. Overall, the small party was a success. We have so much food in excess though even if we encourage or force the visitors to take some food home.
The following day I just spent it in the house watching TV or surfing online. The following morning though was an excitement for me. I was thinking about my driver's license and something inside me has been pushing me to check if its still valid for use. I remembered that renewal dates always fall on birth dates so I sprung out from bed and checked my driver's license. I was horrified when I saw that it was expired since Feb 7, 2009...2009??? That means I've been driving my car for a year with an expired driver's license? This can't be true! I hurried to hit the showers in order to head out to DMV (Department of Motor Vehicles) to supposedly renew my license. After I took my shower, my dad told me that I could have missed the renewal notice from the DMV and I said that I never got any notice from them. The last notice I got was for the renewal of my car's registration. While dressing up, I went online to the DMV website to check my records and I was surprised that my records are still on active status and there is no "Expired" note on it. My dad then told me to check at the back of my card since he remembered that he received a sticker after he renewed his own driver's license. I checked my card again and there I saw the sticker. My driver's license is yet to expire on February 7, 2013. Whew! That was close. Everything seems a bright morning once again...even if its raining cats and dogs outside.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'll be in time.
---------------------------------------------------------
Signature:buy levitra professional online azk