Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Snow Mountain

I don't really hate the snow but I cannot imagine myself living day and night in a snowy environment. Maybe I'm too old for this where my aches and pains starts popping up when its too cold. That's one of the reasons why I'm here in the middle of the desert oasis called Las Vegas. During winter season, Las Vegas will also have its share of snow fall but since we are blessed with a gorgeous weather even during winter, we can still hit the slopes to enjoy the snow. We have our very own ski resort up in Mt. Charleston. As shameful as it can be, I must admit that I went to the snowy slopes of this mountain only twice for the past nine years. The second time was actually last Sunday.
I just got off from work and my friend invited me to go with his family up the mountains. Armed with my camera, we spent the whole morning playing with the snow. It was about mid 20s up there but there was no snow fall at all. I felt not much cold on my upper body but the longer I stayed standing on the snow, the colder my lower body had become. I actually didnt have the right foot gear for the snow but it was okey since we did not plan of staying there for long. Maybe I would like to realize my dream of actually try to ski. Got to go to Utah as they have one of the best ski slopes in there, Winter Olympics was held there before.
Follow the link for the pictures: http://lemueljon.multiply.com/photos/album/77/Mt_Charleston_Winter_2010

3 comments:

Mac Callister said...

inggit ako i wanna feel the snow on my feet too!haha

Chronicler said...

Hey Mac, thanks for the visit. You should visit me here in Vegas.

Anonymous said...

hey everybody

I just wanted to introduce myself to everyone!

Can't wait to start some good conversations!

-Marshall

Thanks again!