Monday, January 4, 2010

New Year Celebrations






This post is kind of delayed. I was working for the past 4 days and this is the only chance that I find time to start updating my blog.



Just like Christmas Eve and Christmas Day, I ushered in the New Year 2010 at my workplace. Fortunately it was not really that busy so there was no pressure at all in terms of finishing my job on time. How I wished I was able to leave my work earlier but there were some routine and important work to do that could not be passed on to the next shift. Nevertheless working on New Year's Eve felt just like any other evening at work. This time though, I brought along my net book so that I could monitor and watch the fireworks display on the Las Vegas Strip. It was broadcasted and streamed live online. The hospital management provided us with a special meal and some bottles of faux champagne which was actually sparkling apple cider complete with plastic champagne glasses. Anyway, at the stroke of midnight, I and the rest of the pharmacy staff (there were 5 of us) opened the bottles of faux champagne and toast for the coming of 2010.



I was working up to Saturday night and fortunately some of my friends called me up for an instant get together party, our post New Year's party. Some food and drinks were in abundance while dancing and karaoke singing on the side as this was already the norm in every Filipino party. This party was kind of special for me since most of these friends I haven't seen since August during our Maasin Fiesta celebrations. I was kind of busy and they were working, basically our schedules were not in synchronized with each other.



These were my simple celebrations to meet up the New Year. I bet ushering 2011 next year would be the same since New Year's Day would still fall on my regular working day. Nevertheless, I still can find some ways to be able to celebrate the holidays in my own little way.



I wish everyone a Happy New Year and all the best for 2010 will bring in our lives.

2 comments:

Arvin U. de la Peña said...

happy new year..tagay na..

Chronicler said...

Arvin, Happy new Year to you too. Thanks for the visit.