Monday, January 11, 2010

My Latest Online Shopping Experience

Lately, I lost my camera lens' cap and it bothered me because I might scratch or worse even break my lens so I've been looking for a camera store for a spare lens cap. Unfortunately during the holiday shopping rush, I always forget to buy the lens cap. I decided therefore to look for it online. I found the exact cap for my lens' size and after comparing the prices from different online merchants, I decided to place the order. Most of the time, these online merchants knows how to capture your interest on their products and lure you further to let you buy more items. My own experience was no exception. After placing my order for the replacement lens cap, the website gave out screen pop ups of several recommendations related to the item that I was about to purchase. Since the item I wanted was a camera accessory, the recommended items were also camera accessories most compatible to my Nikon D60 DSLR camera. Actually their technique worked on me, I was looking for some more items and realized that since I have now a new lens cap, I need also a lens cap keeper with elastic band. This would prevent losing again my lens cap so I place an order for it. Looking further on their recommendations, I found this wireless remote controller specifically compatible for my camera. My imagination starts rolling and I see myself to further experiment my camera and play around with its shutter speeds and aperture. A remote controller would be a great solution to prevent blurring of the resulting picture images so I placed an order for the remote controller. My shopping was not done yet because my mind still was working ahead of me. Once I got the remote controller, I would be enjoying much in taking pictures especially self-portraits or group pictures with me always in it therefore it would be possible that the capacity of my existing memory card would not be enough. This prompted me to buy another memory card as a spare. But wait, additional memory card would entail more hours of camera use and I got only one battery…whew! I've got to stop this. Logging out is the most appropriate remedy of this impulse buying.

My orders were delivered to me individually; maybe these came from various suppliers from various locations so I was not able to receive all of them in one package. I already received the lens cap, the lens cap keeper and the remote controller. I went back online to check the shipping status of the last item in my order, the memory card, and again the website showed me more recommendations….oh NO! Scanning my eyes on these items, I remembered that I've been thinking of having a set of lens filters that would enhance the clarity of my pictures so BANG! I placed another order for a set of 3 lens filters. Got to stop this craziness! Log out I just did.

2 comments:

Mac Callister said...

hahaha adik ka na jan!

Chronicler said...

Cguro nga Mac. Everytime I go online...my eyes would sparkle at the sight of more items that are "nice" to have. Thanks for the visit.