Thursday, February 7, 2008

Celebrating My Birthday


This year, my birthday, February 7, 2008 falls on the Chinese New Year for the Lunar Year Of The Rat. My friend Willie and I had a dinner in a Chinese restaurant where we odered our favorite seaweed pork soup, fish in tomato sauce, fried shrimps and clams with black bean sauce. We feasted on them with gusto and my friend commented that I must have been born on the year of the Boar as I devoured all the food in front of me. Unfortunately, my friend was mistaken since I was born in the year of the Ox in the Chinese Lunar calendar.

Here are the complete description of being born on the year of the Ox.

Asian Zodiac: Ox


Years:

1913, 1925, 1937, 1949, 1961, 1973, 1985, 1997

Character:

Keeper of tradition, the Ox maintains a classic and sophisticated style. Iron-willed, they remain true to their beliefs. A strong leader, their hard work and dedication are an inspiration to all. Ox people never stray from their chosen path.

Compatible with:

Rooster, Rat, and Snake

Non-Compatible with:

Sheep

Western Counterpart:

Capricorn

Famous Oxen:

Waren Beatty, Bill Cosby, Madeleine Albright, Margaret Thatcher, Bruce Springsteen, Vincent Van Gogh, Jon Bon Jovi, Charlie Chaplin, Aristotle, Robert Kennedy, Dustin Hoffman, Adolf Hitler, Richard Burton, Kate Moss, Meg Ryan, George Clooney, Sammy Davis Jr., Anthony Hopkins, Saddam Hussein, Heather Locklear, Eddie Murphy, Jane Fonda, Princess Diana, Meryl Streep, Sigorney Weaver, Jim Carrey, Gerard Ford, Walt Disney, Paul Newman, and Jack Nicholson.

So, that's it. Its not bad after all, right?

Celebrating my birthday this year was quite special since all Chinese people in the world are celebrating with me so it would be appropriate for me to wish everyone "Gong Xi Fa Cai!".

A friend of mine also sent his greetings to me through YM chat and here is what he has to say:

BIRTHDAY TIME
To reflect on New Year's Day
And To reflect in a similar
Manner on one's birthday...

New Year's and Birthday Time are both
A good time to
Reconsider one's life's path
On one's birthday, like on New Year's,
One is reminded
Of turning a year older

One must also be reminded
One has also turned a year wiser
Like New Year's
Birthday Time can be
A time to review
And to revise and improve
One's Present and One's Future.

This original poem of his was posted in his blog. I thanked him for that so that's why I also posted his poem here in my blog. I'm also linking my personal blog to his blog so that you may appreciate his postings in there.

No comments: