Tuesday, December 20, 2011

My Usual Christmas

I can no longer count the number of Christmases I spent in my work place. Since my shift changed from morning shift to night shift, I no longer spend Christmas Eve and New Year's Eve with my friends and family.

This year is no exemption. Although Christmas day and New Year's day falls on Sundays which is my off day but I guess the highlight of the celebration is more on the evening when the clock strikes midnight. As usual, I'll be working in the hospital trying to save lives while the rest of the world is partying. Well, its not really that, I missed Christmas Eve and New Year's Eve with my family and friends. I actually missed spending Christmas in the Philippines with all my family and friends.
Someday, soon this will happen. I can just imagine how fun it would be specially if all my relatives could come home and have a huge get-together party, waiting for the clock to strike midnight.

Even if I'm away from my family, except my parents who are with me here in America, my fervent wish is for them to have the best Christmas year after year.

No comments: