Monday, December 26, 2011

Cold Winter Mornings


My favorite season of the year is the winter. Mainly because I came from a tropical country where most of the time it is hot and muggy, I always long for cold weather. Living in a desert can bring you extreme temperatures: extreme heat during the peak of summer and extremely biting cold on winters. The only consolation is we normally don't have snow in the desert. For 11 years living in Las Vegas, I only remembered a couple of times that we had snow in the valley.

Cold mornings make me feel lazy and good. It is always the best way to curl up under the bed sheets making me warm and easily doze off to dreamland. I remember similar scenario back in my country. We only have 2 seasons there: the dry season and the wet season. During the wet or rainy season, doing nothing but just staying on my bed with sheets and pillows all over me while listening to the pitter, putter of the raindrops hitting the roof was my favorite thing to do. How I wish I could do that again soon.

Nowadays, since I'm here in the middle of an American desert, doing nothing on a cold morning but just stay in bed is one of my favorite things to do. Well, let me add one more thing: staying in bed on a cold morning and tinkering on my netbook is one of my favorite things to do.

No comments: