Tuesday, February 1, 2011

The Preparation

This week is my last chance to complete my preparations for my own big Five Oh birthday bash this coming Saturday.
I requested off for the whole week as I foresee that I may have more things to accomplish. The venue has been booked since early December 2010. I have bought myself a new pair of black pants ang a yellow-checkered shirt to compliment my golden anniversary. The plastic wine glasses as well as the disposable cutleries were all packed in a box. A DJ has been booked to provide the party music and set the mood for the aoccassion. Invitations were also sent out since last month of January so what I need to do is to cross my fingers and hope that majority if not all of my invited friends will attend.
One thing that I will be missing though is my own brother. Initially, he planned to come over to attend my celebration but I guess he is not yet fit to undergo a long travel after his kidney transplant. I will definitely miss him. Since he could not come to attend, we planned that my close relatives back in my hometown will also have their own version of my birthday celebration. They will hold it also this coming Saturday. Although my actual birth date is still on February 7th, a Monday for this year, I planned to hold the party much earlier specifically Febuary 5th, a Saturday, in oder to maximize the attedance. This coming Thursday, I will start ordering food for the party. I probably come up with a list of things to do so that I wont be missing anything.
I pray to God in heaven that my celebration will run smoothly and with no hassles at all.

No comments: