Wednesday, February 8, 2012

I’m Home Again

I've been planning to go back to my home country, the Philippines to attend my high school reunion. It's been 35 years since I graduated from high school and I still maintain a close bond with my high school buddies. We always have fun together whenever we see each other. This reunion will be something to remember for a lifetime since we are probably the oldest jubillarians to participate in dance contests during the alumni homecoming day. I arrived in the Philippines more than a week before the big day in order to be able to participate in the dance practices. We are now ready but still there are some minute details to attend to in the preparations.

My travel to the Philippines was not without hitches along the way. It was all about waiting. Our flight from Las Vegas was delayed for about four hours due to a medical emergency on one of the passengers. This caused a chain reaction on my connecting flights. When I arrived in Manila, my Manila to Cebu flight was further delayed for another four hours and I have to use Skype from my phone through the airport's free Wi-Fi facility to be able to inform my brother in Cebu about the changes as they were to meet me there.

At last I am home again. I got the chance to have fun with my family and relatives when I celebrated my birthday with them. After my birthday celebrations, I am now focusing on our alumni homecoming. For the next two weeks, I will spend some time for myself together with my close friends in Cebu. There is not always enough time and there are still a lot of places and friends to visit but at least I can try to maximize my time here in my home.

1 comment:

Satirus said...

everyone misses university :D