Friday, August 12, 2011

A Day in San Francisco


I had a lot of plans to tour around the beautiful city of San Francisco but I have to consider the physical condition of my parents and my brother who were travelling with me. As much as I wanted to take the famous 49-mile scenic drive to cover much of the city but this would take some time. The walking tour was also out of consideration because of the obvious reason that my mom could not handle too much long walks anymore. Armed with my phone's GPS, we ventured to Lombard Street and took the most crooked road in the world downhill. My phone's GPS had some difficulty in getting us to the Fisherman's Wharf but fortunately someone lead us to that area. We spent the whole afternoon in Pier 39. We took the Bay Cruise which took us under the Golden Gate Bridge, closing on the Alcatraz Island and then towards the Bay Bridge before heading back to Pier 39. We also had our seafood dinner at Pier 39. We then proceeded to a viewing point near the beginning of the Golden Gate Bridge to take pictures of this famous massive structure. I wanted to stay longer and wait for the darkness to be able to take pictures of the bridge lighted up. Unfotunately, the bridge was engulfed with thick fog at dusk and it was already bitingly cold and windy. We decided to head back to our hotel instead.

No comments: