Saturday, December 26, 2009

See-Food Diet



"Every time I see food, I eat!" Nope, this is not my motto! I've been trying my very best to stick to more healthy diet for several years now. I don't want my money, time and effort in going to the gym put to waste and besides I'm not getting any younger and it's already high time to take care of my health. But even how much you've been careful about the kind of food you're eating and how much diligence you put yourself in going to the gym, there are always temptations. Especially this holiday season, giving out food and goodies is one of the most convenient ways of gift giving. Parties here and there is a sure way of celebrating the holidays with loved ones and friends and it's also the biggest threat in ones weight loss regimen. It takes a lot of self-discipline to be able to stick to a more healthy diet.


For the past weeks now, my regular attendance to the gym dwindles, a sure sign of deteriorating control of myself. In the hospital pharmacy that I work, almost every day we get food from the medical sales people. This adds more pressure to my self-discipline to control my intake of food. The worst part of all is the fact that I have a sweet tooth; I'm a self-declared chocolate monster. Once a monster is always a monster so this is the best time for me to try on every chocolate bar, fudge, cookie or cake laid down on the table in our break room. Fortunately my inner self is much stronger to resist the temptations on the table, but still I can't help myself to stay away from the various chocolate concoctions, beaming and urging me to try them.


The year is almost over and it's time to think of my most appropriate New Year's resolution and I guess this should be my resolution for 2010: "Stick to seafood diet". But even too much seafood intake is also not good for the health so let me revise it to a more manageable and attainable goal: "Stick to my regular gym regimen and watch out on the food that I take".

4 comments:

Jules said...

kuya happy holidays :D kmusta? ano handa sa xmas? :D

Chronicler said...

@Jules, thanks for the comments. Happy New Year to you and to your loved ones.

Jules said...

happy new year :D

Anonymous said...

Thanks for clearing it out