Thursday, March 20, 2008

A Nice Gift

According to the dictionary, Poetry means the art of rhythmical composition, written or spoken, for exciting pleasure by beautiful, imaginative, or elevated thoughts. Poetry is everywhere around us, in music, in visual arts, in nature. Birds in flight is a good example of poetry in motion just like what you see in any dance performance. Poetry is in everything and in everyone of us. The difference though is that not everyone of us can express oneself and ones thoughts in poetry. It takes a lot of hardwork and practice to write and recite poetry.

A friend of mine actually has the knack of expressing his inner feelings through his poems and at this early, I already consider him as a budding poet. He once promised me to write something for me and he came up with this composition. Its beautiful in its rawness and frankness and I'm very flattered that he made this for me. I'm very proud to share this with all the readers of this blog.

When I was sitting,
and carefully thinking,
of a gift to a friend
that will last 'til the end.

I look at the night sky,
and wish on a star,
help me find a way,
to be with you though you're far

You're one of a kind
that I've found in this world,
I never thought we'll be
forever friends is what I see

Someone who's there always,
ready to help in many ways,
even in times of happiness and sorrow,
He's ready to face tomorrow.

A gift for a special friend,
that I was thinking when I was sitting,
is being delivered,
by this poem I believe....

No comments: